Gather supplies: (makes 1 drink)
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of Japanese cucumber, plus thin cucumber slices for garnish
- 2 large basil leaves, plus small basil leaves for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila, such as Patron
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Mix it up:
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the thick cucumber slices with the large basil leaves and using a wooden spoon, muddle well.
- Add the lime juice, tequila, simple syrup and ice; shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with thin cucumber slices and a few small basil leaves.
Give this green cocktail a try on St. Patrick’s Day and mix things up a bit!
Spill it: What is your favorite green drink for St. Patrick’s Day?
Still thirsty? Head on over to Pinterest for more tasty recipes.