Valentine Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Gather Supplies: (makes about 45 pretzel bites)
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate almond bark
- valentine sprinkles
Mix it Up:
1) In a large bowl, combine the confectioner’s sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well to form a dough (you may need to add a bit more confectioner’s sugar).
2) Use a small cookie scoop to make the little balls. Scoop out one scoopful of peanut butter mixture and then break in half. Roll each half into one ball.
3) Sandwich each one between two whole pretzels. When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
4) Melt the chocolate almond bark in the microwave for 3 minutes on the defrost setting. Continue in 3 minute intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
5) Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate. Add sprinkles.
6) When you have finished dipping all the pretzels, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely. Store the peanut butter bites in the refrigerator until serving time.
Serve these sweet and thoughtful chocolate and peanut butter pretzel bites to your favorite people. These super simple little snacks would also be right at home on your appetizer table at your bridal shower or wedding reception.
As a complement to our “Stir it Up” cocktail series, “Mix it Up” will give you an appetizer recipe once a month to get your party planning started.
Still hungry? Head on over to Pinterest for some more tantalizing recipes.