- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 oz Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 oz Blood Orange Juice (2-3 oranges)
- 3 oz Tequila
- Kosher Salt & Additional Sugar for Rim
Mix it up:
- Make a simple syrup with water and sugar over medium to high heat. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine equal parts salt and sugar on a saucer; use to rim each glass.
- Combine 3 oz of simple syrup with orange liqueur, lime juice, blood orange juice, and tequila in a shaker. Fill with ice, shake until cold.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour cocktail from shaker.
- Garnish with an orange slice and lime wedge.
This warm weather calls for a cool, summery drink and we’ve found just the one — the Blood Orange Margarita! A standard margarita gets an interesting twist with the addition of blood oranges in this delightfully colored and tempting cocktail.
Spill it: We’d love to hear how your Blood Orange Margarita turns out! Or maybe you have a favorite signature drink already… please do share!
For other tempting recipes, head over to Pinterest!