Who doesn’t have a fond memory of a lemonade stand from their childhood? The idea of earning a few bucks through the simple transactions of selling crisp, ice cold lemonade to my friends and neighbors was exciting and fun. Now, thousands (yes, thousands) of children across America are joining together in the spirit of entrepreneurship and community for Lemonade Day 2011.
Lemonade Day is a nation-wide event that teaches kids the skills they need to be successful in the future. Youth learn to set goals, develop a business plan, establish a budget, seek investors, provide customer service, and give back to the community. Lemonade day is the perfect opportunity for a community to show kids they care and train the next generation of entrepreneurs.
How cool is that?!?
TGK is an avid supporter of Lemonade Day in our neighboring city of Durham, NC. This week, we’re hosting 5 GIVEAWAYS for registrants of Durham’s Lemonade Day! Each day (from today through Saturday, 4/26), we’ll award one lucky Lemonade Day registrant their choice of note cards ( x 50), custom birthday invitations (x 25), or Lemonade Day Business Cards (x 100).
So if you’re a budding entrepreneur in the Durham/Chapel Hill area – register to be a part of Lemonade Day 2011 today!
And if you’re a grown up… go out and buy some Lemonade from a Lemonade Day Stand on Saturday, May 7th!
- Winners will be selected randomly from registered participants of Durham’s Lemonade Day
- One winner will be selected each day from Tuesday, 4/26 thru Saturday, 4/30.
- Winners will be contacted by the Durham YMCA to coordinate redemption of giveaway item.
- The quality/complexity of the awarded giveaway items will be similar to the items shown here in this post.
- Sorry, no grown ups allowed.