Dandelion Post Card Save-the-Date shown in Sky Blue and Pewter Ink on White paper.
1) Get on the calendar! Save-the-Dates have become a near necessity for engaged couples in todayâ€™s busybusybusy world. Itâ€™s common for families and friends to be spread across the country and even internationally, making advance notice for long-distance travel arrangements a priority. And even for local guests, crazy work schedules and other commitments can present conflicts with the social calendar!
For all these reasons, we recommend brides send their Save-the-Dates 12 months in advance, if possible, and definitely no later than 6 months in advance.
2) Get organized! One advantage of sending Save-the-Dates is that it forces you and your families to get organized enough to create a guest list, which is one of the first critical to-do items for kicking off wedding planning. If youâ€™ve got a â€œdeadlineâ€ in mind for getting your Save-the-Date cards ordered, it makes it a bit easier to encourage your future in-laws to track down the addresses of those long lost cousins on the opposite coast!
3) Get inspired! While the design you choose for your Save-the-Dates doesnâ€™t have to dictate the color scheme and themes for your entire wedding, browsing your stationery options at this early stage is a great way to get ideas and inspiration for when youâ€™ll need to be making these decisions down the road. We find that, while many brides carry the same themes and motifs from their initial Save-the-Dates down through their invitations and wedding day place cards, just as many opt to have a little more fun and whimsy with their Save-the-Dates while choosing more conservative styles for the rest of their wedding invitation suite.
4) Set the stage for the upcoming event! Your Save-the-Dates can reflect the season, style, level of formality (or informality!), venue, and even the time of day. They are a great way to give your guests a teaser of what they have to look forward to!
5) Customize and personalize! Reflect the unique personality of you and your fiancÃ© as a couple. Incorporating a special photo of the two of you is a popular way to personalize Save-the-Dates. Couples may also choose a particular motif that has a special meaning; weâ€™ve designed dozens of graphics for couples based on symbols or items that hold a particular charm and we love incorporating these designs into unique Save-the-Dates!